Простой английский язык или упрощённый английский отличается в первую очередь тем что в нём используются только наиболее употребительные английские слова и основные грамматические структуры. Простой английский используется для написания текстов для тех кто изучает английский язык или владеет им в ограниченной степени. Простой английский является языком достаточным для ограниченного коммуникативного общения, но простого английского языка недостаточно, например для получения высшего и даже среднего образования на английском языке.
Существует версия свободной энциклопедии написанная на простом английском языке.
Simple English usually refers to a simplified form of the English language, such as:
- Basic English, a constructed language, created by Charles Kay Ogden, which only contains a small number of words
- Simplified English, a controlled language originally developed for aerospace industry maintenance manuals
- Special English, a simplified form of English used by broadcasting service Voice of America
Примеры текстов на простом английском языке
- Sunday - Воскресенье
- The first day of the week. The last day of the weekend, and for many Christians, the day of rest.
- Monday - Понедельник
- The second day of the week. The first day of the work week.
- Tuesday - Вторник
- The third day of the week, the second day of the work week.
- Wednesday - Среда
- The fourth day of the week, third and middle day of the work week.
- Thursday - Четверг
- The fifth day of the week, fourth of the work week.
- Friday - Пятница
- The sixth day of the week, fifth and last of the secular and Christian work week, and the day of rest for Muslims. Friday afternoon is the beginning of the weekend.
- Saturday - Суббота
- The seventh and last day of the week, first day of the weekend, and for Jews and some Christians, the day of rest.
- The end of the working week, usually Saturday and Sunday.
Континенты и страны
- Africa - Африка
- The continent that is south of Europe, east of the Atlantic Ocean, west of the Indian Ocean and north of Antarctica. Africa is the world's second-largest and second most-populous continent, after Asia.
- Asia - Азия
- The continent that is east of Europe, west of the Pacific Ocean, and north of the Indian Ocean. Asia is the world's largest and most-populous continent.
- Australia - Австралия
- The continent that is east of the Indian Ocean, west of the Pacific Ocean, and south of Asia. Australia is an island, a continent, and a nation, all in one.
- Central America - Центральная Америка
- The land between the continents of North America and South America. Most of Central America is part of North America.
- Canada - Канада
- Canada is a country in North America. Canada is north of the United States.
- Chile -Чили
- Chile is a country in South America. Its capital is Santiago.
- Egypt - Египет
- Egypt is a country of Africa. The capital city is Cairo.
Разные слова и термины
- English is a language spoken by around 800 million people. The main places where English is spoken include:
The United States of America
The United Kingdom
India, Pakistan, Australia and all the other countries of the old British Empire
- Early Modern English
- A type of Modern English that was used from 500 to 350 years ago. This is still different from the English we use now. "Thee," "thou," and "ye" were ways to say "you" in Early Modern English.
- The people who live in England
The English have spread all over the world.
- British people or things are those that come from Britain.
- Native American
- One of the group of people who lived in North America or South America before people came from Europe.
- The place that is between two things; the place that is halfway between two ends of something.
- A part of the grammar of a language. Syntax is the rules for putting words together to make a sentence.
- Something is last in a row or in time if there are other things before it but no more things after it.
What is an IP address?
An IP address is a number associated with either your computer or internet provider. When you edit without logging in, the number is permanently stored in the page's edit history. The number looks something like this: 220.127.116.11.
You can view your IP number by clicking here when not logged in.
Технические термины и понятия
- IP address
- An IP address is a number that is used to identify a computer. It is short for Internet Protocol address.
- laptop computer
- A small computer that is light enough to be used on your lap and can be carried around with you.
- power cord
- A power cord or mains cable is a cord or cable that connects an electrical appliance to an electrical power source for the time that it is plugged into an outlet.
- A radio is piece of electronic equipment that sends or receives signals though the air and plays voice, music, or other sounds.
- A socket is a space that something fits into exactly. For example, an electrical device plugs into an electrical socket.
- A television is a box that moving pictures can be watched on.
- web site
- A website is a place on the World Wide Web; if there are many pages to a website, they have the same URL and are usually part of the same server.
При составлении статьи были использованы после ознакомления и проверки на простоту и понятливость английские тексты, слова и их разъяснения из свободной энциклопедии на простом ясном английском языке.